Thunderbird 5 - still not there?

1 view

pauladev

Jul 22, 2011, 12:08:07 PM7/22/11
Just a brief acquaintance with the new iteration and several niggles:-
1. Several add-ons/extensions including my appearance extension were
not compatible when I downloaded it and were disabled. Are the add-on
writers given enough time to update before a new version is released?
Obviously not!

2. The 'reply' and 'forward' buttons are at the end of each mail, and
require scrolling down each time to activate when you go back after
reading other mails. This is not logical,- they should be in the
header bar for each message, along with the other less useful ones
that are already there.
3. The whole address book(s) concept needs a rethink. I have just
realised that 'Collected' addresses means ones that you collect as you
go along, and not a merging of the Personal and Outlook Express (why)
address books.
We need one usable address book that can offer to merge whenever
duplicates are found, as with the Gmail model.
Looking forward to T'Bird 6 with some improvements