Starting to doubt

ali...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2011, 9:14:29 AM7/1/11

At first, I just wanted to just share my perspective on the shorter
release cycle. I wanted to explain that I work for a large university
(not a "rich corporation").

As a Firefox enthusiast, I worked to support and extend the use of
Firefox across the university. I wanted to relay the experience I had
with a faculty member who was very angry that the IT department did
not support FF4 _right_away_. I tried to explain to him that our
enterprise software vendors need time to test against new browser
versions and IT needs time to install updates to those systems. He did
not want to listen.

Then I hear that FF4 will EOL when FF5 comes out 6 weeks later. I felt
like I was getting hit from both sides - both users and Mozilla.

So, I went to leave feedback at Mozilla. At hendrix.mozilla.org, I got
this: "Oh! So, you want to offer us feedback on Firefox. Thank you,
but you'll need to be on the latest version." I don't think Mozilla
really wants my "enterprise" feedback (even though its really user
feedback). Does anyone participating in Mozilla understand supporters
are turning into doubters?

aliasid

JohnQPublic

Jul 1, 2011, 9:35:25 AM7/1/11
<ali...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I doubt it... :)
--
J.Q.P.
(XP Home SP3, FF3.6.18 default browser, FF5.0_portable with FF3+ theme,

lai lai

Jul 15, 2011, 7:47:52 AM7/15/11
You don't need to be on the latest version.