[Hendrix] IBM Trackpoint scrolling doesn't work in 4.0

Howard S.

May 3, 2011, 4:57:43 PM5/3/11
Name: Howard S.
Email: bluehao85atgmaildotcom
Product: Firefox

Comments:
I'm an IBM Thinkpad user, and addicted to the Track point for page
scrolling (by pressing the middle key and moving the track point at the
same time). This feature is supported by almost all the applications on
Windows when you can see the scrolling bars on the sides, as well as
Firefox 3.x. However, this is no longer supported in Firefox 4.0, and I
downgraded to 3.6 solely because of this reason. You can't image how
frustrating browsing is without it, because it wastes me more time in
scrolling compared to the loading time saved in 4.0. I hope this would
be fixed in the next update.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.

Marek Hamerlik

Jun 23, 2011, 2:14:28 PM6/23/11

I had similar problem with scrolling on my ThinkPad in Firefox.
I was able to scroll in most applications I was using but not in FF.
Finally I found out the solution (also described on my blog:
http://marekhamerlik.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/thinkpad-track-point-scroll-in-firefox/
):
1. restore old drivers
2. set scroll to standard (control panel>mouse>track point: choose
scrolling for middle button setting and additionally in settings…
choose standard scroll type) – so now everything works as before
3. edit tp4table.dat in your system (should be in c:\windows
\system32\) by adding line:
*,*,firefox.exe,*,*,*,WheelStd,1,9
before/above the line:
[AutoScrollTable]
- now scrolling (including vertical) should work in Firefox
This probably can be used in similar way for other apps you have
problem with.