[Hendrix] Mozilla Metathought seems ++Ungood

The other Winston Smith

Feb 22, 2010, 3:29:51 AM2/22/10
Name: The other Winston Smith
Product: Firefox

Comments:
What happens when anyone with money can find out *everything* about you?
Think about that for a second - then consider how things should
change: CONSIDER - Unless I give up my cellphone, my ability to pay
tolls on highways without a half-hour backup, for that matter, my credit
cards, make that banking in general, cable TV, and all computer use, any
"person" with the cash, and, by a 5-4 Supreme Court vote, an insurance
co. is a "person" - it's now well into 1984 - Orwell's dystopia came a
bit late because until @2005, the computer power to sift records wasn't
affordable, nor was the infrastructure for infotheft in place. I think
the BEST place for Moz.org may be to direct all efforts and cash would
be to keep information that should be public available to all, while
destroying the $=info=? Martin Dies? Father Coghlin and those who
followed? Joe McCarthy? ... Or No Insurance for those with any
"pre-existing" med. problems - Social Darwinism in spades, President
Bill Gates? A combination of Religion/Fringe politicians picking out
those vulnerable to "conversion" to a government unlike anything we
would want?
Or, like the 'net itself, something nobody can foresee - Pick your
dystopia.WHAT MOZILLA CAN DO: preach its own Gospel - PD books belong
PD, not owned by Google, an organization, with its purchase of
DoubleClick has a strange sense of things "evil". Reversal of about
3/4ths of the DMCA. Laws prohibiting the keeping of personal data needed
for purposes other than completing an on-line financial transaction
[Amazon must split selling me Das Kapital from billing me from
"books,$150" (after transaction complete), say 10 days? from warehouse
data "Item #n -1" and the name of the book sold, rather than recording
everything I buy so they can offer me "great service"; Prevention of the
Win-7 line making it impossible to tell when you're on-line or off.The
EU settlement means nothing if your Dedicated Browser is 'Fox, but
hitting F1 can put you on line through IE - an end to MS Live and the
"MS Passport," perhaps even an end to the concept of buying a software
'license' and a return to the old Borland Turbo-Paschal system (think of
a program like a book - you can lend it to someone but s/he can't use it
while you use it, just like 2 people can't read a book at the same
time); A ban on theft of data like a MAC code and the port I come in on
just for "looking" at a web site - full disclosure on info tapped and
retained before a single bit's recorded; How about a Mozzi lecture to
14-yr-old kids what COULD be their future if they sign up for 'social
networking' hell, my niece knows every I'net "hangout" but has never
heard of transistors. Or optional, even for E911 tracking of cell-like
devices. If you want to give Apple your present coordinates to find a
3-star Indian restaurant, OK. After delivering the info, the request
must be forgotten (same with EZ-Pass) except for the billing function
and maybe a lockbox in case a bill is contested; A Right to Contest any
move to place a wiretap or worse on you by law enforcement (If they know
their cover's blown, they're not going to be actively terrorizing folks).

Yeh, I could go ON and ON and ON, asking Mozzi to fake a new
'Fox/T'bird' MAC number every time someone fires the program up,
automatically cleans up all records of who you are when a session ends,
etc. but MOST IMPORTANTLY a corporate ban on helping folks who violate
Mozzi's own code of conduct - MS, Google. Yahoo (look up what a Yahoo is
- start with the last of Gulliver's 3 travels) Lobbying Congress and its
users, hell, closing the China office and finding the nearest location
to run a spy-resistant site from to let folks speak out; requiring any
company hiring "third world" coders to pay them what a similar US
employee would make, including insurance and benefits, plus pay the
amount they'd pay in SSI, Unemployment, etc. coverage AND the income
taxes that employee would generate were the job at Corporate HQ, etc.
All kinds of ++Goodspeak.But you have the $ and PR levereage now to make
SOME of this happen. Please use it before it is too late.

Here is a Candle to Light you to Bed....
Winston (not the fictional character or the SF-based artist)

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.8) Gecko/20100202 Firefox/3.5.8
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.