wishes for tabs and tab groups / panorama at fx 4/5

Heiko Jacobs

Jun 25, 2011, 4:28:19 PM6/25/11
Hello

Is this newsgroup/ML is still read for feedbacks?
The formular at weblist has only 250 characters ...

Thanks for panorama! I updated Fx, because this new feature was described
as help for "Tab-Sï¿œchtige" ;-) (tab addicts)

But I have some wishes for tab / tab groups (I use german Fx, so I hope,
I get the right english names of buttons etc.)

If I right-click at a tab
1. I miss a "new tab right besides this one" instead of global "new tab"
at end of tab list. Clicking in the window with "open as new tab" it
open right beside like I want to get a new empty one ...
2. I now find a function "move this tab to tab group ..."
THIS list I wish to have as "go to tab group ..." at right-clicking
to the tab group button to change the grop much faster instead of
left-clicking on it and waiting for opening the "tab group panorama
desktop (?)"

At "tab group panorama desktop" there are two modes
1. collapsed, where I can get a larger view by clicking at the symbol at bottom
2. every tab (small and) separately, where I can rearrange the order of tabs
I am missing
a. getting the larger view at mode 2 with larger symbols
b. moving around the tabs in larger view in mode 1
For b. I have to find enough free place on tab group desktop to make it
larger until the symbols are separate, that's a problem ;-)

For mode 2 it might be interessting to configure ...
a. size of tabs as fixed, not changing size while changing size of tab group
b. if it shall show a preview and/or favicon
c. if a larger preview should be shown shortly if I select a tab
d. if full title is shown moving the mouse over tab
Changing size of tab group often is very slow. a. and b. might spare time?
Generally the opening of tab group desktop increases CPU usage considerably
For a. resizing of tab group then should resize with fixed steps

Thanks in advance!