Ebay popups on main search page

Cajuncooker

Jul 1, 2011, 10:03:49 AM7/1/11
every time I do a search on firefox I'm getting ebay popups, a bunch of them. along with the item I'm searching for. I saw about twenty pop up just now, and it makes it hard to click on the findings. How do I stop that?

JohnQPublic

Jul 1, 2011, 7:37:46 PM7/1/11
"Cajuncooker" <us...@mozilla-xp.com/> wrote in message

One or more of the following should do it...

Clear your browser cache and unwanted cookies. Ccleaner makes this easy:
http://www.piriform.com/

Activate the Firefox settings to block pop-up windows, reported attack
sites, and web
forgeries

Install the Flashblock and/or NoScript add-ons in Firefox.

If you're running windows, install the MVP HOSTS file:
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Scan your computer with free Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and your
updated antivirus software.
--
J.Q.P.
(XP Home SP3, FF3.6.18 default browser, FF5.0_portable with FF3+ theme,

Cajuncooker

Jul 2, 2011, 8:04:20 AM7/2/11
Thanks. That took care of it.