[Hendrix] Firefox 4.0 Beta is great... for the most part.

Jamie Lapole

Apr 16, 2011, 3:43:24 PM4/16/11
Name: Jamie Lapole
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
I downloaded the Firefox 4.0 Beta release candidate about a 2 months
ago. For the most part, It's been working great. I can send things
faster, download and upload faster, I'm able to do things online that
seemed to hard to do before, and browsing the web is simpler. The look
of it is more appealing to the eye as well. I feel like I'm in control
of my computer, for once.

The only problem I've encountered with it is the amount of time it takes
to connect to the internet. When I double click on the Firefox icon, it
can take sometimes up to 20 minutes for me to get onto my homepage. I
don't know whether it's because my computer is so old (because it's
practically a dinosaur!), whether it's because of the Windows format I'm
using (Windows XP) or whether there is something wrong with the program.
Once I've connected to the internet, it seems to work fine, but it takes
forever and a day to get it online. Another thing I find to be a bit of
an inconvenience is that every once in awhile, it will run compatibility
checks on my computer, to see if it's compatible with everything I have
on my computer. I think It'd be more convenient if those checks could
run in the background while I'm using my computer, instead of before I
go online, because it just adds to the time I have to wait to get online
and there usually isn't anything wrong anyway.

Although these few little things are a bit annoying, I still find myself
using it every time I use my computer. Firefox Beta is great! Best
version of Firefox yet! I hope it becomes the permanent format for
Firefox!

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.

Ron Hunter

Apr 16, 2011, 4:44:27 PM4/16/11

First, we will need some information on your computer and internet
setup. Do you use a dialup connection? If so, this type of delay is
inexcusable, and you should change, either your telephone service, or
your internet provider.

Second, the only compatibility check Firefox does it to check for a
compatible video hardware system, and to check extensions to see if they
match your release of Firefox.

Third, is your computer RAM the problem? How much RAM do you have?
What else is running when you start Firefox?

Fourth, the final release of Firefox version 4 is available, so you
should upgrade.