[Hendrix] need advice where I can submit my idea.

Dmitri

Apr 19, 2011, 8:52:57 AM4/19/11
Name: Dmitri
Email: dimkoatdimkodoteu
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
Hi guys, I have major idea, I really would like to submit it to
developers. Any ideas where can I do it?

I tired googling for it, but didn't succeed.

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20110324 Firefox/4.0
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.

Dmitri

Apr 19, 2011, 9:00:52 AM4/19/11

David McRitchie

Apr 19, 2011, 12:19:41 PM4/19/11
"Dmitri" wrote: ...

> Hi guys, I have major idea, I really would like to submit it to
> developers. Any ideas where can I do it?
>
> I tired googling for it, but didn't succeed.
>
> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:2.0) Gecko/20110324 Firefox/4.0
> Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback

Most of the suggestions I've seen come through Hendrix are either already available
in options, or with an extension, or in the next versions of Firefox. Developers of Firefox
tend to think an extension should be used for almost everything, when things get ripped out
the overall effect is that many extensions get bloated to include duplicate/common code
but that is another matter.

The newsgroup for help with Firefox is mozilla.support.firefox which
should be accessed from the server at news.mozilla.org via
You pick up your answers in the thread where you post not in email.
Also available via Google Groups by same name mozilla.support.firefox

Two developer groups are (substitute for mozilla.support.firefox)
mozilla.dev.apps.firefox
mozilla.dev.usability

If you have something really new, now is probably the best time
since Firefox 4 is out (Mar 22) by just a month, and work on
Firefox 5 and Firefox 6 is in early stages meaning something
could actually get added, as opposed to being ignored forever
because of bad timing.

--
HTH,
Fx4: Firefox 4.0 Problem Solutions and Orientation (#fx4) see