[Hendrix] Tab behaviour loss

1 view

Jaron Willems

Apr 5, 2011, 1:56:11 PM4/5/11
Name: Jaron Willems
Email: unexpectedatgraphic-designerdotcom
Product: Firefox Release Candidate

Comments:
Hello

With the previous version of firefox (3) I was able to hit TAB and
immediately go to the address (URL) field at the top of the window. This
was nice when I opened my homepage (google) or was on any other website
and knew exactly where I wanted to go. I could just type it in and go -
the fewer clicks the better.

Now with Firefox 4RC (up-to-date 11/04/05) I have to hit TAB multiple
times (on any page) before it takes me to the address bar. Is there a
way to fix this in settings - or is this a developer issue. It is one of
the functions I greatly miss since moving up to FF4RC.

Other than that, keep up the good work. I LOVE the new look - much more
screen real estate. And the advances in tabs looks good too.

Jaron Willems

Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/

see it.

David McRitchie

Apr 7, 2011, 10:24:43 AM4/7/11
"Jaron Willems"

> With the previous version of firefox (3) I was able to hit TAB and
> immediately go to the address (URL) field at the top of the window. This
> was nice when I opened my homepage (google) or was on any other website
> and knew exactly where I wanted to go. I could just type it in and go -
> the fewer clicks the better.
>
> Now with Firefox 4RC (up-to-date 11/04/05) I have to hit TAB multiple
> times (on any page) before it takes me to the address bar. Is there a
> way to fix this in settings - or is this a developer issue. It is one of
> the functions I greatly miss since moving up to FF4RC.
>
> Other than that, keep up the good work. I LOVE the new look - much more
> screen real estate. And the advances in tabs looks good too. // Jaron Willems

> Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
> Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback

Hi Jaron,
The TAB key is not for placing you on the Location Bar (Address Bar) and never was.
use Ctrl+L to take you to the Location Bar with the content selected.

Firefox and other Browser Keyboard Shortcuts (Comparison Table)
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/firefox/keyboard.htm

Use of the Tab key (and "Shift+Tab") to move mouse to a link or entry point
such as within a Form may save some mouse activity.
Netbooks - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Netbooks

--
HTH,
Fx4: Firefox 4.0 Problem Solutions and Orientation (#fx4) see