MozCamp India 2014 Invitation (:bitgeeky)

Pankaj Malhotra

May 23, 2014, 6:36:51 PM5/23/14
to eve...@lists.mozilla.org, Srikar Ananthula, debl...@gmail.com, Vineel Reddy Pindi, igal...@gmail.com, kaustav....@yahoo.co.in
Hi
I just came to know about the Mozilla camp 2014 which is going to be held
in India.
The Blog [0] mentions that invitations were sent to community and staff
members who qualified the mentioned criteria.

Being an active Mozillian and qualifying the mentioned criteria its really
surprising that I **did not** receive an invite.

Here are a few of my contributions:
1 Link to my Pull Requests and bugs http://goo.gl/ltAaVq
2 https://badges.mozilla.org/en-US/profiles/profile/bitgeeky
3 https://mozillians.org/en-US/u/bitgeeky/
4 http://www.mozilla.org/credits/ (Pankaj Malhotra)
5 GitHub https://github.com/bitgeeky
6 Blog http://codechepo.blogspot.in/

Apart from this I am working as a Google Summer of Code intern with Mozilla
http://codechepo.blogspot.in/2014/04/google-summer-of-code-with-mozilla.html

I have also been accepted in Mozilla reps program
https://reps.mozilla.org/u/bitgeeky/

I request the concerned authorities to please look into it, So that I don't
miss the registration deadline.
An early response will really be appreciated.
--
Thanks and Regards
Pankaj Malhotra

Shezmeen Prasad

May 23, 2014, 6:48:38 PM5/23/14
to Pankaj Malhotra, Rosana Ardila, Kristin Baird, eve...@lists.mozilla.org, Srikar Ananthula, debl...@gmail.com, Vineel Reddy Pindi, igal...@gmail.com, kaustav dasmodak
Hi Pankaj,

Thank you for your email. I am adding Kristin Baird who is the Director of the MozCamp program to this email. I am also adding Rosana Ardila who helped (with Vineel and our community leaders) to put the invitation list together and can offer some insight on the process.

Thank you again for your contribution!

Shezmeen Prasad

May 24, 2014, 1:57:56 AM5/24/14
to Shezmeen Prasad, Pankaj Malhotra, Rosana Ardila, Kristin Baird, Srikar Ananthula, debl...@gmail.com, Vineel Reddy Pindi, igal...@gmail.com, eve...@lists.mozilla.org
(Adding the notes from a private Facebook chat thread)

Hi Pankaj,

I understand your concern, but as far as I am aware, the list has been
finalized. This is a beta run of an event, so we could not invite
everyone that we wanted to. Some strong contributors, like you, had to
be disheartened.

The primary criteria was the pledge of the participants to focus on
community building and evangelism efforts. For developers like you,
whose time is more valuable in the code, we don't really want you to
move your focus on community evangelism, just because you can. Your
contributions are more valuable as a QA and testing automation expert.

As i said, since this was a beta event, the invitation team had to cut
down on the number of attendees. But this does not in any mean that you
are not deserving. Not getting an invitation to this beta MozCamp is not
an indication that we think you are not deserving enough, compared to
someone else in the community.

It is simply the focus.

Best.
Kaustav Das Modak,
Representative - Mozilla
Developer Evangelist - FusionCharts
Designated Partner and Lead Developer - CodeBinders
Web: www.fusioncharts.com / www.codebinders.com
Phone: (+91) 7406 010 110 / 98744 56551
Blog: http://kaustavdm.in