REPOST: MozCamp 2014 Update (Week of 12-May)

Elizabeth Noonan

May 15, 2014, 5:45:17 PM5/15/14
to eve...@lists.mozilla.org
[REPOST with links in Plain Text format. Sorry for any confusion, all! - LN]

------

Hi all!

We are very excited about MozCamp Beta - India, which will run from June 20th - June 22nd in the city of Bangalore. As we work through the details of this, (and future) MozCamps, we’ll use this forum to help keep the Mozilla community up-to-date (in addition to weekly voice updates on the Project call: https://wiki.mozilla.org/WeeklyUpdates ). Please feel free to respond (questions/comments/feedback) within the mailgroup OR ping us on IRC in #mozcamp2014.

Thanks so much for your support!

MozCamp Plan:

The strategy and plan for 2014 can be found here: http://bit.ly/1nTSv97 . This document offers some good background and framework for MozCamp but it’s best to refer to the MozCamp 2014 Wiki ( https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCamps_2014 ) for the most up-to-date information.

This week, the MozCamp working group created:

*

A communications plan to make sure Mozillians have an opportunity to know what’s happening, why it’s happening, and when
*

The agenda ( https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCamps_2014#Agenda ) for the event
*

Final participation criteria ( https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCamps_2014/FAQ )

Next week, we will send out invitations to those volunteers and paid staff who have been selected to participate (more info at https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozCamps_2014/Planning ) . Unlike previous MozCamps, there was no application process. Rather, because this event is focused on Firefox OS and on the Indian marketplace (where our $25 smartphone will launch first), a small group of local volunteers (80) and staff (10-15) have been selected by reps in India (planning committee) to attend. We expect a much broader participation opportunity for our larger events later in the year:

*

Sept: MozCamp, EMEA
*

Nov: MozCamp, Singapore
*

Jan. 2015: MozCamp, LatAm

The MozCamp planning team meets weekly on Tuesday’s and we post our meeting notes here: http://bit.ly/RWqdzO . If you have any questions, comments or feedback, please post them it or ping us on IRC #mozcamp2014.

Thanks for reading (again)!
Lizz Noonan

--
Campaign Coordinator, Firefox