Need your help: Present and future of FxOS presentation

1 view

KAMI911 KAMI911

Sep 23, 2014, 11:22:24 AM9/23/14
to evang...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi,

This Saturday I would like to speak about the past and the future of
Firefox OS. Do you have a presentation about it? What should I say about
the future? What is the state of new devices? New API-s? New platforms?
Gecko updates? Webtools?

Also it would be good some numbers about:
* Mobile apps: native and webapps comparison
* How many developer work in different programming languages
* How many webpages has mobile version in percent

Any good idea, presentation about the current situation and possible future
outlook regarding the webapps and the web.

Thank you in advance!

Üdvözlettel / Best Regards:

Kálmán (KAMI) Szalai

Janet Swisher

Sep 23, 2014, 2:42:35 PM9/23/14
to evang...@lists.mozilla.org, Robert Nyman
Regarding general trends, Robert Nyman gave a talk about this a few
weeks ago, with data from an industry report about the same:
http://www.slideshare.net/robnyman/mobile-trends-web-native

Regarding future plans for Firefox OS, unfortunately the Firefox OS team
is not very good at communicating that type of info. For example,
https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G/Roadmap is somewhat up-to-date, but not
really current. The mailing lists to ask on would be dev-b2g and dev-gaia.
--
Janet Swisher <mailto:jREMOVE...@mozilla.com>
Mozilla Developer Network <https://developer.mozilla.org>