Maximum lines of JS code that browser can handle

Sravan Kumar Reddy Javaji

Apr 24, 2015, 2:32:30 AM4/24/15
to evang...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Everyone,

Could someone please let me know how many lines of JavaScript code the
browser will execute. I mean how much time the browser spends executing JS
code in the browser before complaining to the user.

Thanks for your time and help.

-
Regards,
Sravan

David Rajchenbach-Teller

Apr 24, 2015, 2:53:20 AM4/24/15
to Sravan Kumar Reddy Javaji, evang...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-ext...@lists.mozilla.org
I seem to remember that it's 500ms of consecutive execution.

However, for performance reasons, your JavaScript should always be
designed to execute in much smaller slices. Games should aim to less
than ~15 ms, and generally, anything higher than ~50ms will look bad to
the user.

Cheers,
David

David Rajchenbach-Teller, PhD