Re: MDN need your help.

Santiago Ferreira

Feb 18, 2014, 6:43:28 PM2/18/14
to Jeremie Patonnier, educ...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla Webmaker list, Alicia Spivak
Hi Jeremie,

This it's interesting to make the ladder of knowledge
http://www.acm.org/education/CS2013-final-report.pdf

Santiago

> Hello everybody :)
>
> MDN needs you and your unique expertise regarding education and teaching.
>
> As you should know, MDN is our documentation and resource center for web
> developers. It is one of the best resource for skilled and average
> developers. Sadly, it fails when it comes to beginners.
>
> In order to best serve the interest of beginners, the MDN team decides to
> start building a learning area on MDN. This project is not a competitor to
> your own projects but more a complementary effort in addressing beginners
> needs. Due to its nature MDN will focus on the following skills define by
> the Web Literacy Standard: Web Mechanics, Composing for the Web, Design and
> Accessibility, Coding/scripting, and Infrastructure. Everything else is
> currently considered out of scope for MDN.
>
> If you want to know more about that project, please take a look at the
> dedicated WikiMo page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MDN/Learning_Area
>
> As your area of expertise is about education and teaching, we need your
> help. Our first step on that "Learning Area" project is to gather feedback
> about what we need to improve on MDN for beginners. To that end we built a
> survey:
>
> -
>
> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WgOsU5gINWa7H9v0w0RzJtuI9F4TDQ2lUB4Do2jLa-0/viewform
>
> We would love to have you filling it (it should take between 20 and 30
> minutes if you are very talkative) and spreading it around :) The more
> answers we get (especially from beginners) the easier it will be to build
> the right things for beginners (note that even if the survey is written in
> English, it can be answered in French or Spanish as well).
>
> The results of this survey will be published on the dev-mdc mailing
> list<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mozilla.dev.mdc>in March,
> so you have a little more than a month to answer and spread :)
>
> Thank you all for your help.
> I'll gladly answer any questions you could have regarding this project or
> the survey.
> Best,
> --
> Jeremie
> Web : http://jeremie.patonnier.net
> Twitter : @JeremiePat <http://twitter.com/JeremiePat>

Jeremie Patonnier

Feb 19, 2014, 9:53:54 AM2/19/14
to Santiago Ferreira, educ...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla Webmaker list, Alicia Spivak
Hi Santiago!

Thank you very much, it's a very interesting ressource. I'll keep it with
the various thing I have to define a future content structure for MDN
beginner content.

Best,
Jérémie