[Learning Area] MDN Survey Results

Jeremie Patonnier

Mar 14, 2014, 10:23:05 AM3/14/14
to dev-mdc, dev...@lists.mozilla.org, educ...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla Webmaker list, engagement-developers, Mozillians, Mozilla Reps - General, Alicia Spivak
Hello everybody :)

A few month ago, I pinged you about a survey we were running at MDN in
order to figure what we need to improve to make MDN more suitable for
beginners.

The survey is done and here are the results:

- The PDF summarizing the results:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/images/9/93/Learnin-area-survey-2014.pdf
- The raw data:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApmpDfsfRekEdDNOSU1iZTMzLTRSX1N1dE40aktoQlE&usp=sharing

What we learn in short:

- We need to update our content and better organize it
- We need to make things (a lot) simpler
- We need to improve our examples and make them live editable
- The best source for inspiration is http://www.codecademy.com

Thanks to the 70 people who took the time to answer the survey. You did it
great :)

Take care.
Best,
--