FYI - Fwd: [ISOC] New Resource for ISOC Members -- Inforum: Learn. Engage. Act.

Santiago Ferreira

Mar 19, 2014, 12:03:23 PM3/19/14
to educ...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla Webmaker list
Interesting resource, last year I took the course and learn a lot about the
Internet ecosystem.

Maybe it's good to us start collaborating making a module specifically for
the web and open web standars. (Open Source too in the future?)

what do you think?

Santiago

Hello Everyone,

The Internet Society is excited to announce the launch of Inforum, the new
eLearning platform and associated courses for our chapters and members.

Inforum builds on the Internet Society's deep and long history of sharing
subject matter expertise, delivering on-the-ground training and workshops,
and building a cadre of leaders and influencers at the intersection of
Internet governance and global and regional initiatives. Inforum also
equips and empowers individuals and communities to advance the Internet as
a boundless platform for innovation, human expression, and growth for those
online now -- and the billions still to come.

Inforum offers our chapters and members:

- Localized, on-the-go content with the the ability to offer up to 20
languages, flexible modes of delivery (including mobile), and low-bandwidth
options
- Dynamic and engaging curriculum developed by learning experts,
covering a wide range of Internet-related topics
- Community building via access to SMEs, discussion forums, online
communications tools, and continuous professional development

WHAT'S AVAILABLE
*Immediately*
Starting today, we are offering the course, "Shaping the Internet - History
and Futures." The self-paced modules, available in English, French, and
Spanish, include:

- Introduction to Internet Governance
- History of the Internet
- Diplomacy and the Internet
- Internet Actors and Stakeholders Groups
- Internet Policy Principles
- Internet Infrastructure, Standards, Protocols and Systems
- Regulatory Frameworks
- Internet Governance for Development
- Multilingualism
- Legal Aspects of the Internet
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Copyright
- Emerging Issues in Security and Privacy

*Coming Soon*
Other courses are under development including a course on "Fundraising and
Seeking Grants," so stay tuned for upcoming announcements.

HOW YOU CAN ENGAGE

- Please share this information across your social media networks to
support the uptake of Inforum
- Speak with the Inforum team about partnership opportunities
- Help us identify higher education and other organizations that may
want to collaborate
- Give us feedback at inf...@isoc.org

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS
Like so many of the initiatives at ISOC, the design, delivery, and launch
of Inforum was only possible because of the thought partnership and
collaboration across the organization and with our communities. A very
special thanks to the chapters and members who were part of the Pilot User
Group -- and who took the time to give us feedback on the materials and
platform during the initial design and delivery.

If you have any questions, please drop us an email at inf...@isoc.org. In
the interim, additional information can be found at the Inforum landing
page at: www.internetsociety.org/inforum.

Best regards,
Toral

Toral D. Cowieson
Sr. Director, Internet Leadership
Internet Society
cowi...@isoc.org
(703) 439-2777

Prakash Neupane

Mar 19, 2014, 12:26:05 PM3/19/14
to Santiago Ferreira, educ...@lists.mozilla.org, Mozilla Webmaker list
+1 for Santiago

I was also one who join this course while piloting. I suggest other to join
this course

Prakash Neupane
http://prakashneupane.com.np/my-affiliations/
Open Knowledge Enthusiastic