MDN need your help.

Jeremie Patonnier

Jan 27, 2014, 8:38:03 AM1/27/14
to educ...@lists.mozilla.org, webm...@lists.mozilla.org, Alicia Spivak
Hello everybody :)

MDN needs you and your unique expertise regarding education and teaching.

As you should know, MDN is our documentation and resource center for web
developers. It is one of the best resource for skilled and average
developers. Sadly, it fails when it comes to beginners.

In order to best serve the interest of beginners, the MDN team decides to
start building a learning area on MDN. This project is not a competitor to
your own projects but more a complementary effort in addressing beginners
needs. Due to its nature MDN will focus on the following skills define by
the Web Literacy Standard: Web Mechanics, Composing for the Web, Design and
Accessibility, Coding/scripting, and Infrastructure. Everything else is
currently considered out of scope for MDN.

If you want to know more about that project, please take a look at the
dedicated WikiMo page: https://wiki.mozilla.org/MDN/Learning_Area

As your area of expertise is about education and teaching, we need your
help. Our first step on that "Learning Area" project is to gather feedback
about what we need to improve on MDN for beginners. To that end we built a
survey:

-
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1WgOsU5gINWa7H9v0w0RzJtuI9F4TDQ2lUB4Do2jLa-0/viewform

We would love to have you filling it (it should take between 20 and 30
minutes if you are very talkative) and spreading it around :) The more
answers we get (especially from beginners) the easier it will be to build
the right things for beginners (note that even if the survey is written in
English, it can be answered in French or Spanish as well).

The results of this survey will be published on the dev-mdc mailing
list<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mozilla.dev.mdc>in March,
so you have a little more than a month to answer and spread :)

Thank you all for your help.
I'll gladly answer any questions you could have regarding this project or
the survey.
Best,
--
Jeremie