Re: education Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1

13 views
Skip to first unread message

Carey Pridgeon

unread,
Jan 19, 2016, 7:04:40 AM1/19/16
to educ...@lists.mozilla.org
I would really appreciate this being a dedicated list for academic
involvement. I want to improve my open source module, and discussion with
other academics working on teaching in this area would be extremely
beneficial

Carey

On 19 January 2016 at 12:00, <educatio...@lists.mozilla.org> wrote:

> Send education mailing list submissions to
> educ...@lists.mozilla.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/education
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> educatio...@lists.mozilla.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> educati...@lists.mozilla.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of education digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
> 1. Academic program discussion on this list? (Dietrich Ayala)
> 2. Re: Academic program discussion on this list? (Prathamesh Chavan)
> 3. Re: Academic program discussion on this list? (Dietrich Ayala)
> 4. Re: Academic program discussion on this list?
> (David Rajchenbach-Teller)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 18:23:36 -0800 (PST)
> From: Dietrich Ayala <auto...@gmail.com>
> To: mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
> Subject: [MozEdu] Academic program discussion on this list?
> Message-ID: <e852c860-40b7-458b...@googlegroups.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> There are a number of people running Mozilla-related academic programs
> that do some of the following:
>
> * Teach students web development
> * Teach students open source methodology
> * Mentor students on a contribution to a Mozilla project
>
> We're looking for the right place to discuss these programs as a group,
> and to share information about how to run them, etc.
>
> Instead of creating a new list, is this list a good home for that type of
> activity?
>
> This list seems very inactive, and seems like the relevant list according
> to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Education/ (which also is very old it seems).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Dietrich
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:58:59 +0530
> From: Prathamesh Chavan <musicandp...@gmail.com>
> To: Dietrich Ayala <auto...@gmail.com>
> Cc: mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
> Subject: Re: [MozEdu] Academic program discussion on this list?
> Message-ID:
> <CAGrpy1QXMy5DPATo2+Ui_Ugc=vjPK9DOb+0nT=
> ujPY5C...@mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> Hello Dietrich !
>
> I think this would be a great place to discuss such ideas. +1 !
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 05:07:05 +0000
> From: Dietrich Ayala <auto...@gmail.com>
> To: Prathamesh Chavan <musicandp...@gmail.com>
> Cc: mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
> Subject: Re: [MozEdu] Academic program discussion on this list?
> Message-ID:
> <CAN+4igFnaTD00VHvekzGRWTzgpgLVGV8UMd2RA=
> oeX0V...@mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> Great! I will inform others who are running academic programs related to
> Mozilla to join this list to share information.
>
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 10:28 AM Prathamesh Chavan <
> musicandp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello Dietrich !
> >
> > I think this would be a great place to discuss such ideas. +1 !
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 07:22:19 +0100
> From: David Rajchenbach-Teller <dte...@mozilla.com>
> To: Dietrich Ayala <auto...@gmail.com>,
> mozilla-...@lists.mozilla.org
> Subject: Re: [MozEdu] Academic program discussion on this list?
> Message-ID: <569DD61...@mozilla.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252
>
> Definitely the right place.
>
> Cheers,
> David
>
> On 19/01/16 03:23, Dietrich Ayala wrote:
> > There are a number of people running Mozilla-related academic programs
> that do some of the following:
> >
> > * Teach students web development
> > * Teach students open source methodology
> > * Mentor students on a contribution to a Mozilla project
> >
> > We're looking for the right place to discuss these programs as a group,
> and to share information about how to run them, etc.
> >
> > Instead of creating a new list, is this list a good home for that type
> of activity?
> >
> > This list seems very inactive, and seems like the relevant list
> according to https://wiki.mozilla.org/Education/ (which also is very old
> it seems).
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Dietrich
> > _______________________________________________
> > education mailing list
> > educ...@lists.mozilla.org
> > https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/education
> >
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> education mailing list
> educ...@lists.mozilla.org
> https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/education
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of education Digest, Vol 19, Issue 1
> ****************************************
>
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages