How to run an open web app on the desktop ?

Michel Gutierrez

Dec 18, 2014, 6:15:22 AM12/18/14
to mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org

Hi,

I feel a little stupid but i can find a way to do that anymore.

I have a fully fledged application that i install on my web server. I can use the AppManager/WebIDE to load the app on my FirefoxOS device or emulator, but i cannot execute it as a Firefox Desktop app.

As far as i remember, it used to be that as long as the web server served the app manifest with a Content-Type application/x-web-app-manifest+json, Firefox understood this was an app to be installed or updated. Now, it just asks me to save the file.

I read things about a webapprt application, but this doesn't seem to work and i can't find up-to-date documentation on this.

For information, the app manifest is located at https://app-21-mwa-vc-as-en.jocly.com/jocly.webapp with the entry point at https://app-21-mwa-vc-as-en.jocly.com/index.html

Thanks for your help.

Andrew Williamson

Dec 18, 2014, 7:02:24 AM12/18/14
to mozilla-d...@lists.mozilla.org

Michel Gutierrez

Dec 19, 2014, 6:05:22 AM12/19/14
On Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:02:24 PM UTC+1, Andrew Williamson wrote:
> see https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/Marketplace/Options/Self_publishing

That was it ! Many thanks.