Web API docs meeting CHANGES -- please take note!

Eric Shepherd

Jun 3, 2015, 5:56:33 PM6/3/15
to dev-mdc [Docs], dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org
This week we will hold the last Web APIs documentation meeting on Friday
at 10 AM PDT. As always, everyone is welcome to attend and to add agenda
items: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/WebAPI-docs-2015-06-05

Starting the following week, we are merging the Web APIs docs meeting
with the meeting the Tech Evangelism team has with the Web API
development team, so that we can all talk and share information together
in one more excellent meeting. That means June 11 at 8 AM PDT. An
appropriate reminder will go out next week.

The new, combined meeting, will take place every Thursday morning at 8
AM Pacific time, and is on the MDN public calendar:
(http://bit.ly/mdn-calendar).

Looking forward to much more active conversation among these three
teams. Together, we are the ones that really shape the future of the
Web's APIs.

Eric Shepherd
Senior Technical Writer
Mozilla <https://www.mozilla.org/>
Blog: http://www.bitstampede.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/sheppy

jype...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2015, 2:06:21 AM6/4/15
to Eric Shepherd, dev-mdc [Docs], dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi!

Shouldn't we keep it to 30 min? Joining 2 meetings, one of 30 min and one
of 15 min to one big of 60 min seems like each of us will be spending more
time in meetings.

When I launched the idea of combining both meetings, the idea was to win
back time and improve efficiency by reducing overlap, which implied less
total meeting time (< 45 min). Not adding more bla-blah time to our crowded
calendars.

--
Jean-Yves

Jean-Yves

Chris Mills

Jun 4, 2015, 2:11:03 AM6/4/15
to jype...@gmail.com, dev-mdc [Docs], dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org, Eric Shepherd
I suspect 30 mins will be ample time for this.

Chris Mills
Senior tech writer || Mozilla
developer.mozilla.org || MDN
cmi...@mozilla.com || @chrisdavidmills

Eric Shepherd

Jun 4, 2015, 11:44:13 PM6/4/15
jype...@gmail.com wrote:
> Shouldn't we keep it to 30 min? Joining 2 meetings, one of 30 min and
> one of 15 min to one big of 60 min seems like each of us will be
> spending more time in meetings.
>
> When I launched the idea of combining both meetings, the idea was to
> win back time and improve efficiency by reducing overlap, which
> implied less total meeting time (< 45 min). Not adding more bla-blah
> time to our crowded calendars.
I set 60 minutes because I figured the first meeting or two would be a
little clumsy while we figure out how to run it. I anticipate that we
will be able to drop it to 30 minutes after the first couple of meetings.

Jean-Yves Perrier

Jun 5, 2015, 1:18:46 AM6/5/15
to Eric Shepherd, Docs, dev-mdc, dev...@lists.mozilla.org, dev-w...@lists.mozilla.org
No 60 minutes meeting please. 30' max. Time is precious.
--
"Prenez soin des minutes, les heures prendront soin d'elles-mêmes."
P.D. Stanhope (4e baron de Chesterfield, 1694-1773)