Problems with mixed encoding

Greywolf

Sep 30, 2011, 10:23:32 AM9/30/11
One of the posters to a NG I monitor uses Turnpike (a no-longer updated
email client and newsreader.) Turnpike marks all outgoing news posts as
mime encoded (in the header), but uses uuencode for images (so marked in
the body of the message). The result is that TB treats the image file as
a text file. From other posters' replies, it appears that TB cannot
witch decoding mode when part of a message is encoded differently than
the message header shows. I think that's a bug. Can it be fixed?

Please don't refer to me to the bug-report site, it's a PITA to use.

Wolf K.

Blake Winton

Sep 30, 2011, 10:44:56 AM9/30/11
I've forwarded your message to the person who has most-recently touched
our attachment handling code. I suspect we'll gather some data about
what sort of malformed messages are out in the wild, and then write code
to handle as many of them as make sense.

Thank you for your bug report, ;)
Blake.

Greywolf

Sep 30, 2011, 3:22:35 PM9/30/11