NNTP logins

The Real Bev

Nov 14, 2011, 2:04:55 AM11/14/11
I have NINE NNTP accounts. With TB 8/linux I've had some problems
logging in to some of them, and trying to load 2000 old messages from
one of my backup accounts hangs TB so I have to kill it from outside and
then delete the lockfile.

What really frosts me is the "News Server Username Required" message
which gives NO indication of which of the accounts wants my login info.
If I guess wrong AND use the wrong login it fouls me up until I manage
to get it straightened out.

Could SOMEBODY please fix that?

And has anybody else had trouble with eternal-september.org today?

--
Cheers,
Bev

Ron Hunter

Nov 14, 2011, 3:39:17 AM11/14/11
On 11/14/2011 1:04 AM, The Real Bev wrote:
> I have NINE NNTP accounts. With TB 8/linux I've had some problems
> logging in to some of them, and trying to load 2000 old messages from
> one of my backup accounts hangs TB so I have to kill it from outside and
> then delete the lockfile.
>
> What really frosts me is the "News Server Username Required" message
> which gives NO indication of which of the accounts wants my login info.
> If I guess wrong AND use the wrong login it fouls me up until I manage
> to get it straightened out.
>
> Could SOMEBODY please fix that?
>
> And has anybody else had trouble with eternal-september.org today?

It has been that way from the beginning, and I can't understand why it
hasn't been fixed.