Mozilla Scheduled Downtime - 2011/09/21 - 6:00 AM to 9:00 AM PDT

Ben Hearsum

Sep 20, 2011, 8:52:14 AM9/20/11
We will be closing all Firefox trees on Tuesday July 11th, 2011 at 6:00
PM PDT for three hours for maintenance. The work items are:
* bugs 664728 and 683687 - update pageloader/talos/Flash plugin for test
machines. As part of this, we need to rebase Talos numbers for some
tests, because of the upgrade to the Flash plugin.
* bug 604688 - move services on dm-wwwbuild01 to
*.{pub,pvt}.build.mozilla.org virtualhosts.
* bug 666367 - Builder status sometimes gets confused. This is a very
minor upgrade to the Buildbot master code to fix a minor display issue
on non-developer displays.

If you know of a reason why this tree closure should not occur at the
time above please let me know as soon as possible. While we
aim to minimize interruption, there is a possibility that builds may be
interrupted. We will attempt to re-trigger failing builds as soon as
possible.

We will also try to open the trees earlier if at all possible.

Cheers,
Ben

Kyle Huey

Sep 20, 2011, 9:39:51 AM9/20/11
to Ben Hearsum, dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org
Is this happening at 6 PM (as the body of the email says) or 6 AM (as the
subject says)?

- Kyle

Ben Hearsum

Sep 20, 2011, 9:42:57 AM9/20/11
to Kyle Huey, dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org
Sorry, copy/paste fail. It's 6 AM.

Ben Hearsum

Sep 20, 2011, 9:42:57 AM9/20/11
to Kyle Huey, dev-tree-...@lists.mozilla.org
Sorry, copy/paste fail. It's 6 AM.

Ben Hearsum

Sep 20, 2011, 9:43:41 AM9/20/11
Sorry, failed to update the body after pasting. Corrected below:
> We will be closing all Firefox trees on Wednesday September 21st, 2011 at 6:00
> AM PDT for three hours for maintenance. The work items are:

Ben Hearsum

Sep 21, 2011, 11:57:30 AM9/21/11
This downtime is over, and all work was successfully completed within
the allotted window. Please note that Tp based tests (Tp, chrome,
nochrome, svg, and a11y) have had a small increase in their numbers, due
to the installation of the Flash plugin. We've triggered new tests
across all branches that have had activity in the past couple of weeks
to re-baseline the graphs.

Also, hundreds of jobs were killed as a result of this downtime. Armen
and I have gone through and we _think_ we've triggered everything. If
you think we've missed something, let me know.

Ben Hearsum

Sep 21, 2011, 2:57:23 PM9/21/11
I just noticed some tests failing on mozilla-central because of what
seems to be an issue caused by builds getting halted suddenly (when I
restarted the masters). I've clobbered the affected builders, which
should sort it out. If anyone comes across issues they don't understand
and suspect they may be caused by something similar, try clobbering the
builders with https://build.mozilla.org/clobberer/, or ping me directly.