xul update problem

Daniel Wagner

Jun 10, 2013, 6:25:49 AM6/10/13
Hi.
I try to create auto update mechanism in xul application using builtin feature Components.interfaces.nsIApplicationUpdateService. Unfortunately whatever xml file I use xul responds with

*** AUS:SVC Checker: checkForUpdates, force: true
*** AUS:SVC Checker:getUpdateURL - update URL: http://127.0.0.1:8000/update.xml?v=1.0.1&b=20130528&force=1
*** AUS:SVC gCanCheckForUpdates - able to check for updates
*** AUS:SVC Checker:checkForUpdates - sending request to: http://127.0.0.1:8000/update.xml?v=1.0.1&b=20130528&force=1
*** AUS:SVC Checker:onProgress - 422/422
UPDATE - update check progress
*** AUS:SVC Checker:onLoad - request completed downloading document
*** AUS:SVC Checker:updates get - invalid <update/>, ignoring...
*** AUS:SVC Checker:onLoad - number of updates available: 0

I used this xml and it doesn't work at all
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Software_Update:HowToTestMajorUpdateUI

Maybe someone had succeed to build working update mechanism in xul application

Daniel Wagner

Jun 10, 2013, 8:19:19 AM6/10/13
I looks like adding 'name' attribute to <update/> tag solved problem. dunno why.

Vikas Pushkar

Jun 17, 2015, 1:37:33 AM6/17/15
thanks for sharing