chrome window can't resize

zxl

Apr 19, 2006, 1:10:19 AM4/19/06
hello all:

I fellow the XUL tutorial, copy the code

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>
<window
id="findfile-window"
title="Find Files"
orient="horizontal"
xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

<button id="find-button" label="Find"/>
<button id="cancel-button" label="Cancel"/>

</window>

run like this:

firefox -chrome chrome://tests/content/

It popup a window, but this window can't be resize. I add resizable="true"
the the window property, still the same.

What's the problem?

thank you very much.

xiaolei zhang
zhaxi...@gmail.com

zxl

Apr 19, 2006, 1:13:52 AM4/19/06
hello all:

I forgot to write down my firefox infomation,sorry. They are:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/20060308
Firefox/1.5.0.2

best regard

xiaolei zhang
zhaxi...@gmail.com

Anatolij Kupriyanov

Apr 19, 2006, 8:36:58 AM4/19/06
zxl wrote:

> run like this:
>
> firefox -chrome chrome://tests/content/
>
> It popup a window, but this window can't be resize. I add resizable="true"
> the the window property, still the same.
>
> What's the problem?

As I remember, there is bug in last gecko, it works in FF 1.0, but doesn't work in last one. You cannot open resizable
window from "firefox -chrome", you can open only using window.open with resizable=1.
You have to make workaround: "-chrome" should open temp window which opens your window.

--
WBR, kan.

shashi

Dec 23, 2015, 4:12:29 AM12/23/15
In javaScript call that file as follows
window.open("chrome://tests/content/disp.xul", "", "chrome=yes, resizable=yes");