XSLT in Mozilla 3.5.7

Ralph Vigne

Feb 3, 2010, 9:11:59 AM2/3/10
Hi Guys,

I'm stuck doing a XSLT-Transformation using FireFox.
All I'm trying to do is to AJAX a xslt and xml and save the resulting
code in a variable.
The xslt is kind of a code generator for a workflow-execution-engine
we are working on, thats why it generates plain text.
The confusing thing is, that xmllint and xsltproc don't find any
errors and epiphany also works it out right.
But Firefox always come up with the following error:

Error during XSL transformation:
[Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80600001
[nsIXSLTProcessor.importStylesheet]" nsresult: "0x80600001
(<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~ralph/xslt-test.html
:: anonymous :: line 40" data: no]

I've no idea what FireFox is trying to tell with this. Using FireBug
shows me that this error is thrown at importStylsheet() what bring up
the assumption that the xsl is wrong, but I cant figure out where or
what.

Link to xml: http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~ralph/workflow.xml
Link to xsl: http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~ralph/wee.xsl
Link to page: http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~ralph/xslt-test.html
(includes only sniplets of the original javascript - but works for
testing)

If anyone of you would have a solution or even a smart advise it would
be great.

Cheers,
Ralph

Martin Honnen

Feb 3, 2010, 9:26:02 AM2/3/10
Ralph Vigne wrote:

> Error during XSL transformation:
> [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80600001
> [nsIXSLTProcessor.importStylesheet]" nsresult: "0x80600001
> (<unknown>)" location: "JS frame :: http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~ralph/xslt-test.html
> :: anonymous :: line 40" data: no]
>
> I've no idea what FireFox is trying to tell with this. Using FireBug
> shows me that this error is thrown at importStylsheet() what bring up
> the assumption that the xsl is wrong, but I cant figure out where or
> what.
>
> Link to xml: http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~ralph/workflow.xml
> Link to xsl: http://www.pri.univie.ac.at/~ralph/wee.xsl

The allowed attributes on xsl:output are defined here:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#output

You have
<xsl:output method="text" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
where the disable-output-escaping attribute is not allowed.

That attribute belongs on xsl:value-of or xsl:text elements but it is
not meaningful to use it within a stylesheet with output method="text"
as the text output method does not do any escaping anyway.

--

Martin Honnen
http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

Ralph Vigne

Feb 3, 2010, 10:04:27 AM2/3/10

Hi Martin,

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. I've removed it from my xsl and
now everything works as I wanted it to.

Have a nice day,
Ralph