Accessing XPConnect from a stand-alone XUL application

final74

Mar 6, 2013, 3:58:28 PM3/6/13
Hi

Is it possible to access XPConnect fully from a XUL application?

I have been experimenting with XUL, JS and XPConnect but have hit a brick wall.
Specifically I tried the introduction on the MDN site, here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XPConnect/Using_components

After this:

var Cc = Components.classes;
var Ci = Components.interfaces;

.. .both Cc and Ci are set. However, if I then try the next step the result is 'undefined':

var rc = Cc["@mozilla.org/registry;1"];

I've tried to dig into this further but I'm not getting very far. I suspect it just can't be done from a stand-alone app. for security reasons (?)

Any help/pointers gratefully received.

Thanks

Y a Personne

Mar 7, 2013, 10:31:06 AM3/7/13
You can use XPCom in XULRunner or in Firefox extension