How to hide scrollbars (using either the "nsiDOMWindow" APIs, or elsewise)

Ajay Garg

Apr 14, 2013, 4:57:39 PM4/14/13
to dev-tec...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi all.

I have been using the python-bindings for hulahop, which is based on XpCOM.

In this, (amongst many other things, which I have figured out how to
accomplish :) ), I need to hide any scrollbar that might otherwise crop up
while loading the view(s).
I have already used a lot of APIs mentioned at
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsIDOMWindow
.

However, I am not able to figure out how to disable the visibility of the
scrollbars.
At the link, it seems the following might help (although the property is
mentioned read-only) ::

scrollbars
nsIDOMBarProp<https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsIDOMBarProp>
The
object that controls whether or not scrollbars are shown in the window.
This attribute is "replaceable" in JavaScript. *Read only.*

Any ideas how the requirement may be accomplished? I will be highly
grateful :)

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay