Does this happen to anyone?

9 views
Skip to first unread message

Mark Cross

unread,
Apr 4, 2011, 7:02:08 PM4/4/11
to
This page fails to render correctly:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.xml

Is this an firefox xml parsing error?

Should I file this bug?

Thanks for your input.

Boris Zbarsky

unread,
Apr 4, 2011, 7:45:52 PM4/4/11
to
On 4/4/11 4:02 PM, Mark Cross wrote:
> This page fails to render correctly:
>
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.xml

Fails in what way? It seems fine to me at first glance...

-Boris

Mark Cross

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 12:32:04 AM4/5/11
to
Boris Zbarsky wrote:

If JavaScript is blocked (found this just recently), the page fails to
render as a table and instead loads as a continuous blob of text (the data
inside the xml tags) without any format.

I was thinking there is some problem with the xsl interpretation of the
format page (the second line in the source).

Using:
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.9.1.18) Gecko/20110323
Iceweasel/3.5.18 (like Firefox/3.5.18)


Boris Zbarsky

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 1:28:03 AM4/5/11
to
On 4/4/11 9:32 PM, Mark Cross wrote:
> If JavaScript is blocked

Blocked how? I just tried disabling JavaScript altogether and the page
loads fine.

Is whatever blocking mechanism you're using just blocking XSLT as well?

-Boris

Mark Cross

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 1:35:10 AM4/5/11
to
Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> On 4/4/11 9:32 PM, Mark Cross wrote:
>> If JavaScript is blocked
>
> Blocked how? I just tried disabling JavaScript altogether and the page
> loads fine.

No-script.

> Is whatever blocking mechanism you're using just blocking XSLT as well?

I don't know. Does No-script also block that?

Boris Zbarsky

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 2:08:41 AM4/5/11
to
On 4/4/11 10:35 PM, Mark Cross wrote:
> I don't know. Does No-script also block that?

By default, yes.

-Boris

Mark Cross

unread,
Apr 5, 2011, 2:29:48 AM4/5/11
to
Boris Zbarsky wrote:

Found it, yes, that _IS_ the reason, many thanks.

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages