manually install plugin

enda man

Dec 1, 2009, 8:11:45 AM12/1/09
Hi,

I wrote a plugin and packaged it into an XPI file. I have the
following tag on my html page used to install the plugin installer.

<object type="application/x-mypluginapp" id="plugin" width="0"
height="0" codebase="webphone.xpi"> </object>

After I navigate to my web page, it detects there is no plugin
installed and I click the button "Install Missing Plugin" A dialog box
titled
"plugin finder service" pops up. Then on this form I have to hit
another button called "manual install" to actually install the plugin.

Hitting the manual install button then opens another browser window
where I can go and install the plugin.

Then I hit the "Install now" button. The plugin installs successfully
and I am given the option to restart firefox. The big problem I now
have is that there are in total 4 firefox windows open and when I hit
the "restart firefox" button, 3 browser windows re-appear when
intitially I had one. Anyone know how to cut out the "plugin finder
service" step or even restart Firefox with less browser windows re-
opened.

Thanks,
EM

DENNISAngelina34