Problem in installing Third party flash plugins in Win2k3 and Win2k8 machine

Ashish Mittal

Nov 25, 2011, 12:26:20 AM11/25/11

I have written my own plugin which has MIME type as "application/x-
shockwave-flash|application/futuresplash".
It means it has same MIME type as adobe flash plugin npswf32.dll.
But I would like to give my plugin as first priority. As per the
precedence order suggested by documnets I kept my plugin at
"Application directory\plugins", where Application directory is a
directory where the Mozilla is installed.
If I use winXP machine the mozilla is taking my plugin as a first
priority and then adobe plugins comes into picture.
But If I am using Win2K8R2 64 bit OS , then Mozilla is not considering
my plugin as a first priority.
It takes the Adobe plugin and that is mentioned in the registery
setting as mentioned below.
HKLM->Software->WoW6432Noce->MozillaPlugins. If I create my key and
out it before adobe key neverthless my plugin has not been given first
priority, However If I remove Adobe plugin then my plugin has been
given priority.

Please advice How to get rid out of this probelm.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ashish

axeldh...@gmail.com