[ANNOUNCE] NSPR 4.30 Release

Kai Engert

Mar 17, 2021, 6:28:03 PM3/17/21
to dev-te...@lists.mozilla.org
The NSPR 4.30 release is now available. The hg tag is
NSPR_4_30_RTM. The source tar file can be downloaded from
https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/nspr/releases/v4.30/src/

NSPR 4.30 contains the following changes:
- support longer thread names on macOS
- fix a build failure on OpenBSD

For details, please refer to the list of related bugs:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?resolution=FIXED&query_format=advanced&product=NSPR&target_milestone=4.30

Thanks to all contributors to this release.
Kai

Phil Potter

Jul 26, 2022, 6:11:33 AM7/26/22

> NSPR 4.30 contains the following changes:
> - support longer thread names on macOS
> - fix a build failure on OpenBSD

> Thanks to all contributors to this release.
> Kai

Hi,
Just came across this mailing list, and thought I'd mention that building nspr using macports, with the +universal flag, fails to build correctly...

a bug has been issued for it. https://trac.macports.org/ticket/65534

At least one other bug, I later discovered, also was unable to build multiple environments...

How likely is it that the bug will be corrected, and any resolution made available, so in future, apple mac universal builds will work flawlessly as hoped for.

Thanks
Phil.