Cache-Control and Reload/Force Reload

Jxck Jxck

Dec 1, 2020, 1:38:56 AM12/1/20
Question around reload / force reload.

Current behavior
- reload : max-age=0 with conditional(If-*)
- force reload: no-cache without condition

for force reload is reasonable for me but I wonder why not reload uses "no-cache" with conditional too.
IIUC no-cache in response is almost same as max-age=0 + must-revalidate. and one of must-revalidate role is opt-out for reusing stale response when origin is down. must-revalidate is not for request but I guess reload allows reusing stale response for cache storage by max-age=0. but I'm not make sure. why max-age=0 here ?

Jxck