request referrer when downgrading from https to http

eda...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2016, 5:43:22 AM2/26/16

For an internal addon, I'm trying to track the referrer (or origin) of every request. I couldn't find a way to do it for http requests coming from https.

Since it's for internal use, any configuration change or method is usable.

I tried using "channel.getProperty("docshell.internalReferrer")" on "http-on-modify-request", but the property never exists.

Is there any method to get it?

Boris Zbarsky

Feb 26, 2016, 9:30:11 AM2/26/16
On 2/26/16 5:43 AM, eda...@gmail.com wrote:
> I tried using "channel.getProperty("docshell.internalReferrer")" on "http-on-modify-request", but the property never exists.

That property should exist for document loads. At least modulo whatever
e10s does here...

-Boris

eda...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2016, 10:26:18 AM2/26/16
On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 9:30:11 PM UTC+7, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> That property should exist for document loads. At least modulo whatever
> e10s does here...
>
> -Boris

I need it for requests that are not documents. For example, requests from Flash that seem to bypass the http over https limitation.