Case insensitive search

Markus Moeller

Aug 7, 2013, 3:32:43 PM8/7/13

I have a server with an rfc2307bis schema and would like to search for users
being member of a group, but the uid might be accidentally put in upper or
lower case or a combination. An ldapsearch of uid is case insensitive, but
when I look for memberuid it is case sensitive. How can I created an
ldapsearch which is case insensitive ? I tried:

# filter: (&(memberuid:caseIgnoreMatch:=user)(cn=groupa))
# requesting: ALL
#
# search result

search: 2
result: 12 Critical extension is unavailable
text: Bad search filter

but it fails.

What can I do ?

Thank you
Markus

Rob

Aug 8, 2013, 4:51:06 AM8/8/13
Fix it on the server. It is a bug in rfc2307bis vs todays Windows world.
(where names are case-insensitive)

Just edit the schema to do a caseIgnoreMatch on that field...