About embedding the Rhino parser

Iván Párraga García

Jul 8, 2010, 4:16:44 PM7/8/10
to Rhino list
Dear list,

I'm a Rhino newbie and I have some basic questions. I'm sorry if they have
already been answered but I've not been able to find them.

I'm currently working on a project where we use Javascript as a programming
language. We've build our own homemade parser and interpreters as we
interpret the scripts in different ways to perform different use cases of
the project. We were quite happy with our interpreters' implementations but
we are having severe performance problems with the parser.

At this point we need to refactor our parser or to integrate a third party
one. Rhino is one of the implementations which I am considering but I have
some doubts and questions.

1. First of all I've not been able to find technical documentation about the
project. Does it exist some resource? Or javadoc is the only available
documentation?

2. As I've said, I'm just interested in the parser (I don't need the
interpreters and the other parts. Is this easy? or will I have to integrate
most Rhino code within my project's code?

3. Because I want to keep using our interpreters I will need to tranform
Rhino parser's AST into our own AST implementation. Is there any
documentation / API about the shape of the AST or will I have to struggle
directly with the code myself?

Any answers, suggestions and pointers to documentation, very welcome.

Cheers,

Iván