Do we want the old AWFY charts to be available online?

Benjamin Bouvier

Sep 12, 2018, 9:00:17 AM9/12/18
to JS Internals list
As you might have noticed, ye olde AreWeFastYet is no more and has been
replaced by a combination of Perfherder (backend) and js-perf-dashboard
(frontend) by the Automation team. This email is not about presenting new
capabilities that this system offers, or to explain how it works, how to
add a test, etc., nor do I know if/when there is going to be announcements
about the switch.

As a team, do we have any interest in having the old AWFY charts available
online? It would consist of a static website, displaying the older graphs
with data up to the switch. It won't display the new data that Perfherder
generates. This would be only for historical purposes.

I am asking because the amount of data is gigantic (around 18 GB), so this
would maybe require new hosting assets to manage for the Automation team.
In fact, if there is no need to keep this data around, then we don't have
to set up the website at all. (I, for one, do not care about historical
data)

Cheers,
Benjamin

Tetsuharu OHZEKI

Sep 13, 2018, 3:09:55 AM9/13/18
to b...@mozilla.com, dev-tech-js-en...@lists.mozilla.org
How do we compare with JavaScriptCore or ChakraCore?
I seem that there are not their statuses in the new js-perf-dashboard.

Tetsuharu OHZEKI
saneyuk...@gmail.com

Benjamin Bouvier

Sep 17, 2018, 4:44:38 AM9/17/18
to dev-tech-js-en...@lists.mozilla.org
Since there is a silent consensus that such an archive website would not be
needed, I'll go ahead and close bug 1489998 as WONTFIX.

Cheers,
Benjamin

booksch...@gmail.com

Oct 17, 2018, 1:38:42 PM10/17/18