Custom JSMarkOp callback not triggered in GC

Mohan

Oct 19, 2009, 10:53:32 AM10/19/09
Hi All,

I have added a custom object to SpiderMonkey and am testing it with
the browser integrated. Everything works fine except the Garbage
Collector. My custom object has several JSObject* as its private data
members. I have also declared the JSClass flags as
JSCLASS_MARK_IS_TRACE and defined the JSMarkOp callback as
JS_CLASS_TRACE(custom_trace). In this custom_trace, i walk over all
the private JSObject* and invoke JS_CallTracer after checking their
traceability.

The strange problem is that this custom_trace callback is never
triggered. My logs confirm that it is not invoked - I have a print
statement to dump the function invocation to a file.

Is there something that I have missed out? Any pointers will be
helpful.

Regards,
mohan