Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

TraceMonkey

閲覧: 3 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

gurdiga

未読、
2009/07/31 4:25:112009/07/31
To:
Is the new JS engine used in FF 3.5, TraceMonkey, available as a
binary executable like we have now "js" for SpiderMonkey?

Right now SpiderMonkey is used in CouchDB, and I wonder if the CouchDB
community would be able to take advantage of TraceMonkey speed
improvements.

Brian Candler

未読、
2009/07/31 10:23:242009/07/31
To: Vlad GURDIGA、dev-tech-...@lists.mozilla.org
On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 04:12:25PM +0300, Vlad GURDIGA wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Brian Candler<B.Ca...@pobox.com> wrote:
> > CouchDB doesn't actually use js - it builds its own executable which links
> > to the spidermonkey library.
>
> That is correct. So, so CouchDB cannot benefit from the speed
> improvements of TraceMonkey?
>
> Sorry if the question is dumb, it's because I do not know things deep enough.

I think that's a question best asked on the CouchDB-dev mailing list. There
are tickets in JIRA for supporting spidermonkey 1.8. I don't know about
tracemonkey.

My experience suggests that JSON serialisation and deserialisation is the
biggest overhead for CouchDB view generation.

新着メール 0 件