Adding new attribute to HTML tags

Mohan

Nov 12, 2009, 3:45:54 PM11/12/09
Hi All,

I wish to add a new attribute to an HTML tag. Can somebody give
pointers to a standard process of doing so. I have tried making
changes to the html parser but so far it has not yielded any success.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
mohan

David E. Ross

Nov 12, 2009, 5:19:24 PM11/12/09

If you modify the Gecko rendering engine to handle a new attribute, what
do you plan to do for IE, Opera, Chrome, and other browsers? Or are you
planning to make Web pages that are viewable only via a Gecko-based
browser?

If this is truly a useful change, I suggest you contact the HTML Working
Group at W3C, at <http://www.w3.org/html/wg/>.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Mozilla-related applications. You can access Mozdev much