WebRender V1 Project Status Update - November 16th

Thomas Elin

Nov 16, 2018, 5:55:13 PM11/16/18
to epm-status, dev-te...@lists.mozilla.org, Joe Hildebrand, Maire Reavy, Jessie Bonisteel, Andreas Bovens
Hello All,

WebRender V1 Project status update posted for Friday November 16th.

Project Status - Challenged
  • Engineering reports high number (125) bugs blocking our ability to ride the trains to release. This is placing our ability to ride the trains with Fx67 into Release as 'Challenged'
  • WebRender Dashboard V2 is now live!
  • WebRender v1 remains enabled by default in Beta Fx64! Our plans are to pref this off by Nov 30.
  • We are currently targeting an experiment on Release in Fx64. This is undergoing review with our data scientist to determine if we will be ready. Our goal will be to gather more stability and risk assessment data in support of our plans to Enable WebRender by default to the Release population by Fx67.
Why are we Challenged?
There are a high number (125)  bugs blocking release and limited visibility of h/w in field .

Mitigation plan
- Increased headcount and adjust Forecast to Fx 67 (DONE)
- WR dashboard for monitoring Release Criteria progress (DONE)
- Run Release experiments in Fx64, 65, and 66 (In progress)

For more information around what is targeted in Version 1, upcoming milestones, known risks, etc. See our mana page.

Feel free to reach out directly with any questions

Cheers
Thomas
telin (slack)