Identifying slow frames

Matt Woodrow

Nov 7, 2018, 10:04:09 PM11/7/18
to dev-te...@lists.mozilla.org
Hi All,

I recently added the pref 'gfx.webrender.debug.slow-frame-indicator' which animates a small red square in the top left corner whenever WebRender draws a slow frame (as reported by CONTENT_FRAME_TIME telemetry).

I'd appreciate if people could start running with this enabled, and file bugs for reproducible test case where we perform poorly.

Note that we're targeting NVIDIA hardware on Windows currently, so please note if you're using a different configuration (or attach about:support) so that we can triage reports appropriately.

Thanks!

- Matt