WebRender Project Status Update - Friday February 2nd

Thomas Elin

Feb 2, 2018, 5:06:22 PM2/2/18
to epm-status, dev-te...@lists.mozilla.org, Joe Hildebrand
Hello All,

WebRender Project status update posted for Friday February 2nd.

Project Status - GREEN
  • Defined WebRender Version 1:
    • Targeting Nvidia discrete graphics cards on desktop computers and Windows 10 (About 4% of the Firefox release user population)
  • Rollout Plan & Forecast:
    • Version 1 forecast to be turned on in week 3 or 4 of the 63 Nightly cycle. We will run a two week experiment to see how things perform and gather measurements against our release criteria. Those results will influence our next steps but the current plan is to hold in Nightly and let the V1 feature bake. Based on experiment data from Nightly, the goal is to ride to beta as of 64.
  • Known Risk(s):
    • Missed delivery of a dependent milestone
    • Inability to meet P1 bug burndown required to turn on in Fx 63
    • 2 week experiment in Nightly does not show anticipated performance improvements

Development Status - GREEN
  • Team is focused on meeting the established release criteria.
  • Upcoming Milestones:
    • Enable the last remaining automated tests (expected Fx 61)
    • Blobs (Expected Fx 61)
    • Text/Font related work (Expected Fx 62)
    • Writing various tools to debug and/or develop (Expected Fx 62)
    • Burn down remaining P1 bugs and Pref ON V1 to 20% (TBD) of the Nightly audience (Expected Fx 63)

Feel free to reach out directly with any questions

Cheers
Thomas
telin (slack)