WebRender V1 Project Status Update - September 21st

Thomas Elin

Sep 21, 2018, 6:20:31 PM9/21/18
to epm-status, dev-te...@lists.mozilla.org, Joe Hildebrand, Maire Reavy
Hello All,

WebRender V1 Project status update posted for Friday September 21st.

Project Status - At Risk
Forecast remains Fx64 for Release

Why are we at risk?
There are a high number (132)  bugs blocking our ability to ride the trains to Release.

Mitigation plan
- Increased Headcount on the project
- Re-triage our list of blockers
- Setting a hard Go/No-Go date for Release
- May slip to Fx65 to provide more time to work through Release blockers

Project Progress Summary
- WebRender Version 1 is now enabled by default in Firefox 64!
- Engineering reports increased confidence that we will burndown 16 remaining P1 blockers to ship to Beta with Fx64
- Experiment from Nightly 63 has concluded. Follow up studies are being done to monitor crash rates, but overall considered a ‘Go’.
- Our focus is on refining our Release Criteria. Ongoing progress can currently be monitored by tracking the bug burndown here.  We plan to replace this with a WebRender dashboard soon.

For more information around what is targeted in Version 1, upcoming milestones, known risks, etc. See our mana page.

Feel free to reach out directly with any questions

Cheers
Thomas
telin (slack)