NSS 3.12.4 rtm binary

yanlin

Aug 28, 2009, 2:18:37 AM8/28/09

I am trying to locate the nss 3.12.4 or 3.12.3 RTM binary for all
platforms. Nss 3.11.4 rtm has all binaries in the ftp site but for
3.12.x there is only src dir and all binaries are missing. I'd like
to know where to find these binaries or is there any commercial
support from nss team ?

Thx,
Yanlin

Glen Beasley

Aug 28, 2009, 11:10:16 AM8/28/09
to mozilla's crypto code discussion list
Binaries are no longer provided as users can pull the source from the
CVS repository
rooted at cvs.mozilla.org:/cvsroot, or download the source tarball of
NSPR/NSS to build a
version of NSPR/NSS for their platforms.

Release notes and build instructions for NSS 3.12.4 RTM will be posted
soon to

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/

-glen

> Thx,
> Yanlin

yanlin

Aug 28, 2009, 12:43:32 PM8/28/09
Hi Glen,

Thanks for the reply. Do u have any internal reference that i can use
to create a multi-platform build system? We need build nss and its
tools on pretty much all platforms.

Thx,
Yanlin

Wan-Teh Chang

Aug 28, 2009, 12:55:07 PM8/28/09
2009/8/28 Glen Beasley <Glen.B...@sun.com>:

> Binaries are no longer provided as users can pull the source from the CVS
> repository
> rooted at cvs.mozilla.org:/cvsroot, or download the source tarball of
> NSPR/NSS to build a
> version of NSPR/NSS for their platforms.

Glen,

Since NSS 3.12.4 is in the "Review Pending" state in the
FIPS 140-2 pre-validation list at
http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/documents/140-1/140InProcess.pdf,
eventually we will need to make the NSS 3.12.4 (or later)
binaries that are FIPS validated available to customers.
Perhaps we should make an exception for NSS 3.12.4
and provide NSS 3.12.4 binary releases on https://ftp.mozilla.org/.

Wan-Teh

Robert Relyea

Aug 28, 2009, 2:19:41 PM8/28/09
to mozilla's crypto code discussion list
I manage to get many of them built for intel using the following:

1) on x86_64 hardware: run some modern version of Linux (64 bit).
2) Install the 32-bit compat libraries.
3) use libvirt/kvm to create Windows/XP and Windows 64 virtual
machines. Install the mozilla build tools on them.
4) use libvirt/kvm to create solaris 386 images and load open solaris (I
got this to work under Xen on RHEL 5, I have not yet got it working on kvm.

With these I've been able to build on those respective platforms (both
32 and 64 bit). If you start with a intel mac, I presume you will be
able to run Linux/Solaris/Windows in VM's and build all three plus mac
ppc, though I have not tried that yet myself.

Building cross-platform: the NSS build uses tools build in the build
process to complete the build. One is relatively easy to work around
(coreconf's nsinstall). The other is less easy (shlibsign). You won't be
able to do a complete cross-build without tweaking things. At one time I
know it was possible to attempt crossbuilds, but I doubt it possible
today (though the old support is probably still there).

bob

yanlin

Aug 28, 2009, 4:29:32 PM8/28/09
Wan-Teh, Bob,