Default Password callback

Daniel Gustafsson

Oct 1, 2020, 8:37:34 AM10/1/20
to dev-tec...@lists.mozilla.org
I'm implementing support for NSS into a codebase which already has OpenSSL
support, and when looking at the passphrase callbacks I ran into a question.

Is my understanding correctl that there is no default password callback like
how OpenSSL has a fallback reading from a TTY? SECU_GetModulePassword and the
supporting functions are clearly private and not exposed, but since the docs
don't spell it out I wanted to doublecheck to make sure I hadn't missed
anything.

cheers ./daniel

Robert Relyea

Oct 1, 2020, 11:04:32 AM10/1/20
to dev-tec...@lists.mozilla.org
That's correct. NSS is often run with windowed systems, so only the
application knows how to get to the user to prompt for a password.

SECU_GetModulePassword is part of the command line utilities library,
which you could grab and use in your application.

bob