Listing all function declarations

Peter Snyder

Feb 11, 2016, 3:58:29 AM2/11/16
Hello All,

Is there a way to search using filters AND wild cards in DXR? For example, if I wanted to list all the methods defined on

`mozilla::dom::CameraCapabilities`

I'd like to be able to run

`function:mozilla::dom::CameraCapabilities::*`

or something similar. Or even more broadly, I would like to be able to list all functions / methods defined in the code base using `function:*`. Are there ways of doing so?

Thanks much!
Pete Snyder

Erik Rose

Feb 11, 2016, 11:00:37 AM2/11/16
to Peter Snyder, dev-stati...@lists.mozilla.org
> Is there a way to search using filters AND wild cards in DXR? For example, if I wanted to list all the methods defined on

There isn't right now, but it's something we could add. Can you describe the sorts of tasks you'd use it for?

Cheers,
Erik

Peter Snyder

Feb 11, 2016, 12:21:48 PM2/11/16
Thanks for the reply Erik,

There are a couple of things where it'd be very useful at the moment.

We'd like to test the coverage of other tools we're using (LOC and other
complexity measures) and we'd like to get confidence that we're
measuring all methods / functions in the code base.

We're also interested in tying to get a simplified understanding of how
dense the call graph is, and being able to list all methods, for
example, would let us do something like:

foreach `function:*` as M
count `callers:M`

There are a couple of other cases where being able to do these high
level measures would also be very interesting and useful for us.

Think we might have more luck looking at the DB directly, in the short
term at least?

Thanks for your help Erik!
Pete