windows-msvc Zip Archive Servo Developer Nightly Snapshots Working?

Hoa But

Apr 13, 2020, 12:46:46 PM4/13/20
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Servo Community,

I felt the nightly snapshots are good enough to run some tests on Servo.
However, the Zip archive does not seem work properly.
>From the link

https://download.servo.org/nightly/windows-msvc/servo-latest.zip

I unzip the whole archive to a folder and ran servo.exe but only the splash
screen
comes up and then it seems Servo browser closes/exits as I did not see any
errors in Event viewer or any other places I can think of at the moment.
>From the extracted contents I can see that resources are there.

Any ideas?

Maybe I really do need to do my own builds.

Thank you.

Best,

Hoa

Josh Matthews

Apr 14, 2020, 10:49:51 AM4/14/20
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
What if you run servo.exe from a command terminal? Is there any
interesting output?

hoa...@gmail.com

Apr 16, 2020, 11:15:31 AM4/16/20
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Hello Josh,

I did run servo.exe from the command terminal and again no interesting output.
According to GitHub there are servo.exe command line switches such as '-Z' but that did not output anything either.

Hmmm .. really like the nightly snapshots to work .. probably have to build it myself from GitHub ..

Best,

Hoa