Hello

Ridhim Rastogi

Oct 15, 2019, 12:48:00 AM10/15/19
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, Shubham Pampattiwar, Akash Pramodkumar Pateria
Hi all,

We are a group of 3 students from NC State and we will be working on
supporting asynchronous Web Assembly Compilation (Link
<https://github.com/servo/servo/wiki/Asynchronous-WebAssembly-compilation-project>).
A few pointers regarding setup and where to start will be helpful. We are
beginners to Rust so we would love some resources for the same too.

We look forward to contributing!

Regards,
Ridhim Rastogi
Shubham Dilip Pampattiwar
Akash Pramodkumar Pateria

Josh Bowman-Matthews

Oct 15, 2019, 9:38:02 AM10/15/19
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org
Welcome! If you are familiar with C++ already, you may find
https://vnduongthanhtung.gitbooks.io/migrate-from-c-to-rust/content/ and
https://github.com/nrc/r4cppp to be useful for quickly learning how Rust
is different. The second link also contains a number of useful resources
including documentation and language guides.

The opening paragraphs of
https://github.com/servo/servo/wiki/NCSU-student-projects also contain
links for documentation and suggested venues for asking questions.

As for project setup, what sort of pointers are you looking for that are
not already covered by the links under "Useful references" in the
project page?

Cheers,
Josh