NCSU Final Project

Bahati Wanza

Apr 7, 2020, 11:01:55 PM4/7/20
to dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, David Warren
Greetings,

David and I are NCSU students and we were assigned the Servo project. We
are to help "Implement the charset prescanning for the HTML parser".

What would you recommend that we do as first steps.

Thanks,
--
Bahati Wanza

Josh Matthews

Apr 8, 2020, 11:43:25 AM4/8/20
to Bahati Wanza, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, David Warren
Welcome! Is there anything in the initial steps at
https://github.com/servo/servo/wiki/Implement-HTML-charset-parsing-project
that you have questions about? That is how I would go about the first
steps for that project.

Cheers,
Josh

Josh Matthews

Josh Matthews

Bahati Wanza

Apr 10, 2020, 11:45:20 AM4/10/20
to Josh Matthews, dev-...@lists.mozilla.org, David Warren, Jay Modi
Thank you, Josh, for your response. I have gone through the
installation (Mac) and everything is fine.

There's a Rust plugin for IntelliJ (IDE) and I wanted to know if we can
also use an IDE for this project.

Finally, just confirm. We subscribe to mozilla.dev.servo
<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/forums/#dev-servo> list by joining the
Google group?

Thanks,

Thanks,

Bahati

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 11:43 AM Josh Matthews <jmat...@mozilla.com> wrote:

> Welcome! Is there anything in the initial steps at
> https://github.com/servo/servo/wiki/Implement-HTML-charset-parsing-project
> that you have questions about? That is how I would go about the first
> steps for that project.
>
> Cheers,
> Josh

Josh Bowman-Matthews

Apr 10, 2020, 12:15:38 PM4/10/20
to Bahati Wanza, David Warren, Jay Modi
An IDE will probably not hurt, but you will likely not be able to use
the default project build settings, since those rely on `cargo build`,
rather than our custom `./mach build` which performs important
additional setup.

As for subscribing to dev-servo, please follow the steps listed at
https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-servo . I don't actually know
whether joining the google group is enough or not.

Cheers,
Josh